Consider making these for your next party or potluck. So pretty & colorful & everyone loves them!
Lay the crescent roll dough in a baking dish. Square or rectangle, doesn’t matter. Squish the dough together so that the perforations are gone & there’s crust going up about an inch on the sides of the dish.
Bake at 375 for about 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown & cooked through. Let it cool for 15-20 minutes.
Spread the cream cheese/mayo/spinach herb seasoning around the whole crust.
Now top with fresh veggies. For the veggie pizza, I used cucumber, celery, baby carrots, & sliced constellation tomatoes but you can use a variety of things (basically whatever you have on hand). Mini sweet peppers would be rockin’ on this pizza (Note To Self for next time).
For the tomato tart, I thinly sliced the tomatoes & then drizzled the whole thing with a garlic parmesan olive oil & sprinkled seasoned pepper on the top. It was CRAZY GOOD.
Cut them into little squares & try not to devour the whole thing yourself! Save some for the guests. 🙂
Veggie Pizza & Tomato Tart
- 2 cans refrigerated crescent dough
- 1 cup cream cheese, divided (1/2 cup per dough)
- 1/2 cup mayo, divided (1/4 cup per dough)
- 2 tbsp spinach herb seasoning If you don’t have any of this, you can make your own by using a combination of garlic powder, dried spinach or dill or both, a little salt & pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 stock celery, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 4 baby carrots, diced
- 6-8 constellation tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp garlic parmesan olive oil, divided optional
- 1 tbsp seasoned or black pepper, divided optional
- Spread the crescent rolls out (one in each casserole dish – 9 x 13 or 9 x 9) & squish so that perforations are no longer visible & there’s about an inch of crust going up the sides of the dish.
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown & cooked through. Cool for 20 minutes.
- While the dough is cooling, mix the cream cheese, mayo & seasonings with a whisk until thoroughly combined. Using a spatula, spread 1/2 of the mixture evenly on each dough.
- On one dough, lay out the slices of the large tomatoes in one layer. On the other dough, evenly spread the cucumber, celery, baby carrots & constellation tomato slices.
- To take these completely over the top, drizzle with a little garlic parmesan olive oil & sprinkle with seasoned or black pepper.
- Cut each dough into little squares & watch them disappear!