Doesn’t this sound so elegant & difficult? It’s the easiest thing ever! I know I say that about every recipe, but truly, this one is super simple & super delish.
Dice a small yellow onion (or 1/2 a large one) and brown it in some olive oil until its nice & soft & fragrant. I didn’t have fresh garlic so I added some dehydrated garlic in with the onion.
Add the ground turkey & stir often to break up the chucks & cook thoroughly. Drain if necessary.
Pour in the crushed tomatoes. For this recipe I used homemade crushed tomatoes (about 7 peeled & boiled down vine tomatoes that I crushed viciously with a potato masher and then simmered with seasonings & a touch of balsamic vinegar & a teensy bit of honey to cut the acid). If you want to save time, use two 14oz cans of crushed tomatoes. Now pour in the white wine & let the bolognese simmer over low heat with no lid until the liquid is reduced down, about 20 minutes. You’ll know it’s been reduced enough when it’s thick & not super liquidy.
Add the seasonings. Oregano, tarragon, thyme, & basil are all great choices.
Serve it over pasta & voila! Great with a side salad or steamed broccoli & also garlic bread. Bon appetite!
Turkey Bolognese with Angel Hair Pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp dehydrated garlic OR one fresh clove, crushed
- 1.5 lbs ground turkey
- 2 14oz cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 lb (or more) angel hair pasta, cooked according to package directions
- Heat olive oil on medium low. Add onions & stir occasionally, cooking until they’re soft & fragrant.
- Add the ground turkey. Continually break the chunks until the grounds are small & uniform & cooked through.
- Add the tomatoes, white wine & seasonings. Simmer on low uncovered until the sauce is reduced down & thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta & toss until combined. Serve with steamed broccoli or a side salad & garlic bread.