This has to be everybody’s favorite appetizer. Why buy bland store-bought when you can make your own? It’s super easy!
Start by spreading a can of refried beans on the platter. I used a fork to mash it & send it where it needed to go, which is all the way to the edges of the platter. Try to make it as even as possible.
Now use a whisk to mix together the sour cream, green chilis & cumin.
Spread the sour cream mixture as evenly as possible over the beans.
Then top with salsa, then cheese & then olives. POOF!! If you want to take this completely over the top, serve it with Taco Flavored Doritos!! You’ll end up eating the whole thing & won’t be hungry for dinner. 🙂 (I don’t know from experience or anything. I just heard that from a friend.)
- 1 15oz can refried beans
- 1 4oz can green chilis
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 cup your favorite salsa
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded medium cheddar
- 1/4 cup sliced olives
- Spread the refried beans evenly on the bottom of the platter.
- Whisk together the sour cream, chilis & cumin. Spread the mixture over the top of the beans.
- Spread the salsa over the sour cream mixture.
- Spread the cheeses evenly over the top of the salsa.
- Sprinkle the whole platter with olives. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips & then watch it disappear!