Who doesn’t love chicken fingers?? These are so easy & super delicious. My kiddos ask for them on a regular basis. I love that they’re not deep fried & they can be used for a bunch of different things.
Start by rinsing the chicken breasts off. Don’t dry them! You want them to be wet so the breadcrumbs will stick. Slice the breasts into even fillets – about the size of restaurant chicken fingers. Set them in a ziplock bag.
Dump in the panko breadcrumbs & the seasoning. Zip the bag & smoosh everything together to make sure all the chicken is coated evenly.
These can go in the air fryer or the oven. In the oven, 350 degrees for 20 minutes (flip 1/2 way through cooking). In the air fryer, 325 degrees for 20 minutes (rotate the baskets half way through cooking). They’re perfect & juicy & so so good! I serve mine with tater tots & homemade ranch dressing.
Homemade Chicken Fingers
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp chicken seasoning such as McCormick Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- Rinse the chicken breasts under running water. Don’t dry! Slice them into “fingers”.
- Place the chicken in a ziplock bag with the breadcrumbs & seasoning. Zip to seal & smoosh around to coat all the chicken evenly.
- Set the chicken in one layer on either a sheet pan sprayed with cooking spray, or the mesh baskets of the air fryer, sprayed with cooking spray.
- If using the oven, bake at 350 for 20 minutes (turn over 1/2 way through).
- If using the air fryer, bake at 325 for 20 minutes (rotate baskets 1/2 way through).
- Serve with tater tots & homemade ranch dressing. DELISH!